On the occasion of the patient safety week, we are pleased to post daily information to our readers to spread a safer care for our patients.
Enjoy reading. click here
" The Lebanese Society for Quality & Safety in Healthcare" will be an active partner at the " First Lebanese Oncology Forum " that will be held at Mount Lebanon Hospital on January 27th and 28th. click here for program
We are so proud to announce that our society is now affiliated to the American Society for Quality as a "world partner".
More information and activities will follow.
for patient safety
1- Clean hands for safe care
2- Improve safety of high alert medications
3- Effective communication enhances safe care
4- Patient engagement in their safety
5- Reduce risk of harm resulting from patient fall
6- Identify your patient every time
7- Use WHO surgical safety checklist
TIPS TO CELEBRATE PATIENT SAFETY AT YOUR ORGANIZATION
1. Post reminders throughout your facility about the importance of safe care. - Update your computer screen savers with the Patient initiative.
- Recognize your patient safety champions by giving them Patient Safety Champion stickers.
- Create your special item for patient safety at your organization to be collaboratively used: T-Shirts, Hats, bracelets, pins…etc...
2. Host an event or several events to recognize patient safety efforts at your organization. - Poster presentations of your organization’s successful safety efforts.
- Recognize staff and committees that work every day to provide safe care.
- Host events in the cafeteria with snacks or dessert or something special to celebrate safety at your organization.
- Hold safety-focused training during Patient Safety Awareness Week.
- Contact a local TV or Radio to host a spokesperson to share patient safety activities and highlights.
- Conduct “Safety Culture Survey”.
3. Share your safety successes by submitting a Poster Presentation for the 4th Annual LSQSH quality conference in October.
4. Encourage Patients and Families
to Be Safe by:
- Posting promotional materials in your facility, such as the posters downloadable for www.lsqsh.org
- Offering a suggestion box for patients and families.
5. Improve patient safety in these areas:
- Adverse Drug Events
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI)
- Injuries from Fall and Immobility
- Obstetrical Adverse Events
- Pressure Ulcers
- Preventable Readmissions
- Surgical Site Infections
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Ventilator Associated Event/Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
PATIENT SAFETY AWARENESS WEEK
March 12 to 18th, 2017
During this week , we will be posting information and educational materials for you to use in your hospitals and for our patients to increase awareness on this topic. Share with your people this nice paper
from IHI. click here
JOIN US ON OUR YEARLY CONGRESS
Our 5th annual congress on healthcare quality and safety will be held next September 2017.